Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TWD: Pumpkin Muffins



Kelly from Sounding My Barbaric Gulp! picked this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe: Pumpkin Muffins (see her blog for the complete recipe). Now, I’m not really a fan of pumpkin, but I like the spices that are usually paired with pumpkin so I decided that I would give these a try.

The original recipe called for golden raisins and nuts. I thought that I would try something different. I decided to use dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Unfortunately, my supply of white chocolate chips was low so instead I used regular semi-sweet chips. Why do I always think that I have white chocolate chips?

I made 1-1/2 times the recipe, since I was planning on taking these to work and a dozen isn’t quite enough for the folks at work. This ended up making 2 dozen muffins, rather than the 18 that I was expecting, but that’s ok.

I only baked these 17 minutes, much less than the 25 minutes that the original recipe called for. I think I have regular size muffin pans, but maybe they are on the small side! They turned out well and although I don’t like pumpkin that much, these are very good. The chocolate chips were a fabulous addition. I think they make the muffin. The pumpkin is not very strong, which I’m ok with.

1 comment:

Bungalow Barbara said...

Your muffins look delicious! I love the idea of craisins and chocolate. Yum!