Friday, September 4, 2009

Almond White Chocolate Chunk Cookies



I came across this recipe when I was browsing online through recipes. While I love to look through cookbooks, I end up finding a lot of recipes through various online sources. This recipe was included on my chat list’s site. I usually just go to the chat lists but every once in a while I look at the other content on the site and I have found a couple of good recipes. I saw this one and thought that it looked good. I do have to hand it to food stylists; they looked quite a bit different in the picture than they looked in real life.

I think these cookies are good, and have good almond flavor, but it seems like they are missing something. I didn’t use white chocolate chips, which are usually quite sweet. I used some white baking chocolate that I had on hand and it didn’t taste the same as white chocolate chips. I don’t think that you can taste the white chocolate at all. I think I will try a different type of white chocolate, or maybe some toffee chips, to see if that would add a complexity of flavor.



2 1⁄4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1⁄2 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter, softened

1 1⁄2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract

8 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped

1 1⁄3 cups slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats.


Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; beat until well blended.
Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and almonds.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

Recipe from
McCormick Cooking with Flavor

No comments: