Monday, March 19, 2012

Biscoff White Chocolate Chip Bread



A while back, Biscoff spread was taking over the blogosphere and I had to find some! I looked at seemingly every grocery store and I couldn’t find it. I had my mom look as she sometimes shops at Wal-Mart and I know that some people had found it there. No luck. I was in Seattle for an event and I looked at the local Metropolitan Market. It’s a great grocery store and I figured they would have it, and they did. (They also had Jelly Babies, a British candy that we love that is hard to find.)

I’ve had this spread in the cupboard since then and I haven’t used it until now. There were lots of recipes that I came across that sounded good, but I just couldn’t make up my mind. I wanted to make a quick bread and this sounded very interesting. Spice-cookie spread combined with white chocolate? I love a sweet and spicy combination so I figured this would be great.

Boy, the Biscoff spread sure smells great! Just like the cookies! I didn’t have 2 pans of the same size so I made one in a 9” x 5” pan and one in an 8” x 4” pan. I figured they were close enough. I did watch the baking time closely so that there weren’t problems. No problems, though, this bread turned out just fine. This was just great and really in interesting mix of flavors. The Biscoff spread is just fantastic and it was so good in this bread.

3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup Biscoff Spread
3 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 9” x 5” loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a large mixer bowl beat the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Stir in the Biscoff spread. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix to combine. Add flour mixture, mixing on low just until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips.

Divide the batter between the prepared pans, filling no more than 2/3 full. Bake for 50 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly pressed and toothpick comes out clean.

Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool wire rack. Cool completely before serving.

Recipe from Barbara Bakes

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This bread is awesome, so awesome! Thanks for recipe.