Friday, March 14, 2014

Nutella Oat Bars



My oven is finally fixed! However, I was heading out of town and didn’t have time to bake before I left, so I made another no-bake cookie to share with you. This is a simple recipe just, just a few ingredients and the bars can be ready to serve in no time. They also keep for quite a while, so it would work to make these on the weekend and then have bars to snack on all week.

I think that the flavor of these is good; how can you go wrong with Nutella? One change I would make is that I would toast the oats before using them in the bars. They have that raw oat taste, which could be better. Of course, I didn’t have an oven, but you can toast things in the microwave with pretty good success. Do make sure that you allow the mixture to cool before adding the mini chocolate chips. I didn’t and they melted immediately. As a result, the bars are a little on the sticky side, with I think would be less of a problem if I had followed the directions. None the less, they still taste very good.

Nutella Oat Bars
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Nutella
2 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips

Grease an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan, set aside.

In a large saucepan, melt the butter and honey over medium heat. Add the Nutella and stir until melted. Remove from the heat and add the oats; stir until combined. Cool 5 minutes.

Add the mini chocolate chips and stir gently until mixed. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared baking dish. Let set for about 15 minutes (or longer). Cut into bars or squares.

Recipe from Inside BruCrew Life

No comments: