Friday, August 29, 2014

5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



It’s the end of the summer and I have been doing some cleaning and organizing in the kitchen. While I do go through baking ingredients fairly quickly, I often end up with small quantities of nuts, chips, etc. I also needed to clean out some of the nuts that I didn’t use quickly enough. Why on earth did I buy that giant bag of walnuts at Costco? Those had to go! 

I discovered that I had a lot of milk chocolate chips and a lot of peanut butter. So my goal this week was to find a recipe to use them up. My husband had been asking for soft peanut butter cookies, too. I usually make peanut butter cookies with butter, which makes them crisp rather than soft. This recipe used peanut butter and milk chocolate chips and I figured they would be soft, too. I had seen recipes for these 3 or 4 ingredient cookies out on the web, so I figured I would give them a try.

These are so easy to make and my cookies turned out picture perfect: perfectly round and perfectly crinkly. The original recipe said it made about a dozen cookies, but I made exactly 2 dozen cookies. It’s a little hard to tell when they are baked through, because the spread just a tiny bit and don’t really brown. 10 minutes was just right for my cookies. My husband and I really liked these cookies: they had a great peanut butter flavor and we nice and soft. They were a great success (and didn’t last very long).


5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

In a large mixer bowl, mix the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, and baking soda. Mix on medium until incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined. The dough will be sticky.

Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 9-10 minutes, until set and the cookies are browned on the bottom. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from Tablespoon.com

No comments: