Friday, March 20, 2015

Biscoff Snickerdoodles



I am a proclaimed snickerdoodle fan, so whenever I see an interesting snickerdoodle recipe, I’m very likely to give it a try. I do get a little tired of anything with cinnamon being called a snickerdoodle, but I still keep looking! I saw this recipe and I was intrigued. I like Biscoff and have used it in several recipes. Adding it to snickerdoodles seemed like it would work. This recipe uses a cake mix, and I just happened to have the right one in the cupboard.

These are about the quickest cookies ever to put together, but then you have to chill the dough. The dough is quite sticky and it would just be impossible to work with the dough without chilling it first. I found the dough to be a little on the oily side, even after refrigeration, so maybe it could have used less oil? The cookies turned out fine, so maybe it was just the way the dough was.

I had a bit of a struggle knowing when the cookies were done baking. With the Biscoff spread added to the dough, the cookies are already slightly browned in color, so I just couldn’t tell if they were baked or not. My first batch I took out at 9 minutes and hoped they would firm up as they cooled, but they didn’t. (Luckily, my husband really likes doughy cookies, so that was a win for him!) I baked the remaining cookies for 11 minutes and that seemed to be just right. These look and taste like snickerdoodles, but snickerdoodles with extra amped cinnamon and butter flavors.

Biscoff Snickerdoodles
1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup Biscoff spread
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

In a large mixer bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil on medium until combined. Add the Biscoff spread and mix until incorporated. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

Shape the dough into 1-1/4” balls. In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the cookies are set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for at least 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from Lil’ Luna

No comments: