Friday, September 9, 2022

Fluffernutter Cookies

Continuing my theme of  peanut butter cookies, I searched through my saved recipes to find something to meet that sounded great. I came across a couple of different options, but I wasn’t sure I had everything on hand that I needed. I saw these and they seemed perfect. The only ingredient that is a little different is marshmallow fluff, and I try to keep that on hand at all times. It’s good for fudge and you never know when you want to make fudge!

I read through this recipe, and it states that it makes about 12 cookies. When I looked at the quantity of ingredients, I thought that must be wrong! In this case, the cookies are really big, which explains the bigger quantity of ingredients. Once the dough is chilled, you divide the dough into tablespoon+ portions, and you use two portions per cookie. In the end I made 14 cookies, which is quite close to the original.

This dough is extremely soft and needs quite a bit of refrigeration before you can handle it. I also used the larger quantity of flour (1 cup rather than 2/3 cup) which was helpful. Trying to sandwich marshmallow fluff between two portions of cookie dough is nearly impossible but given enough time the cookies came together. I baked them for 10 minutes and they looked ok, although not as crinkly as the ones in the original blog. The cookies are a wonderful version of a peanut butter cookie, without too much extra. The cookies weren’t fully cooked after 10 minutes, but a gooey peanut butter cookie isn’t the worst thing in the world!

Fluffernutter Cookies
½ cup butter, room temperature
1 ⅓ cups packed brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
Marshmallow fluff

In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter on medium until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and stir to combine. With the mixer running low, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. The dough will be soft. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (or overnight).

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

Scoop the dough into equal portions, you will be using two portions of each cookie.

Place a dollop of marshmallow fluff on half of the cookies. Top with another cookie and seal the two halves, trying to avoid any marshmallow fluff coming out. Place on the prepared baking sheets, no more than 6 cookies per sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies start to crinkle on top. Cool on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from Stress Baking


No comments: