Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Muffins



This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was picked by Bridget of The Way the Cookie Crumbles. She chose chocolate chunk muffins. I love Bridget’s blog and I’ve been following her baking and cooking adventures for a really long time. I knew she would pick something great and she didn’t disappoint. You can get the entire recipe for the muffins on her blog. Don’t forget to check out the links from the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers; they always come up with some interesting variations.

With trying to use up product purchased at the farmer’s market this past weekend, I’ve been baking up a frenzy so I decided to make half a batch of the muffins. I doubled the amount of chocolate chunks, since some of the other bakers said there were far too few of those. With half the recipe, I still made 8 muffins, but I did feel they had a good amount of chunks in them. I think the chunks really made all the difference.

I paired these with some blackberry jelly that I had left over from making a cake, and it was very nice together. Cherry would be good, too, but I always end up with quarter jars of all these different preserves, jams, etc., so it was nice to use something I already had. I think the bites of the muffins without chunks were a little bland, but when you got a nice chocolate chunk it added sweetness. These muffins were quick and easy and made for a good excuse to have chocolate for breakfast!

Recipe from Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan, page 18

12 comments:

Pamela said...

I added extra chocolate chunks, too. Definitely a good move!

Peggy said...

Love the blackberry jelly with these. I used a few extra chocolate chunks myself. Always a good idea!

Flourchild said...

Yum the blackberry jam sounds very tasty! Im glad you enjoyed the muffins..they look great!
I made mine this morning:)

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Extra chocolate chunks here, as well. Beautiful muffins you've got there! :)

Cindy said...

1/4 jars sounds familiar! So it is nice to use it up. I had fresh strawberry jam that my daughter from Washington brought me. So tasty!

Valerie Gamine said...

These must have been scrumptious with blackberry jelly. They look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

They look delicious with the blackberry jelly!

Cakelaw said...

Mmmm, chocolate muffin slathered with blackberry jelly = bliss.

natalia said...

Ciao ! I wish I could visit to taste all your baking, the muffins really look delish !

Jaime said...

I'm out of town right now so had to skip this week but these look good!

Kayte said...

If I say these look marvelous, you will know I am lying because I don't like chocolate, so let me just say they look perfectly executed and my guys would eat them in two bites!! Love the plate and the linen...and I am all about the jams for sure!

Lynne Daley said...

I wish I had added the extra chunks as like you said, the muffins were a bit bland without them. The blackberry jelly sounds great!