Monday, January 9, 2012

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups



Chocolate chip cookie cups filled with Nutella, how could you go wrong? I saw these and knew I had to make them right away. Sure it was a busy time and I had made all sorts of other things, but when you need to bake, you need to bake! This cookie fulfills my husband’s love of chocolate chip cookies and my love of Nutella. A winner all around!

These are really quite simple: make your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough and fill with Nutella or peanut butter. I thought about making it with Biscoff spread, but I love Nutella so much that I didn’t want to miss an opportunity to have that.

My only criticism of these is that by making them in regular sized muffin cups, they are quite large. Now, that’s not really a bad thing with a cookie but you could certainly make these in mini muffin pans. They are an impressive cookie and the people I served them to thought they were very fancy.

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups


½ butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1-1/2 cups flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Nutella, for filling

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line about 18 muffin tins with liners.

In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until just combined. Add the vanilla and the egg, stir until combined. On a low speed, mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and mix until well distributed.

Scoop a tablespoon of dough into each muffin liner. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are just golden. While the cookie cups are still hot, make a deep indent into the center of each cup. (I used the handle of my whisk.) Fill each cookie cup with Nutella (or peanut butter). Allow to cool before serving.

Recipe from Butter

2 comments:

Angie @ Sweet Natured Treats said...

Nutella inside a chocolate chip cookie? Yes, please. I'll have to file this idea away for some day when I don't eat all of the Nutella straight from the jar with a spoon. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I don't think you could go wrong with these!