Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gingersnaps




This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is for Gingersnaps. I love baking with ginger and I was really glad when this recipe was selected. Cutting out ginger cookies is so traditional at Christmas, although the ginger cookies that I have planned to bake this Christmas are a little different. You can find the recipe for these cookies online, and you can also check out how other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers fared with this week’s recipe on the Tuesdays with Dorie site.

While I thought I would have lots of time to make these, I was running short on time. My husband is also a baker so he made up the dough for me and put it in the refrigerator. I had meant to make a slice and bake cookie, but that didn’t happen. He said that the dough was very dry, which is odd since many of the other bakers this week complained that the dough was too wet and/or too sticky.

I rolled these out and the dough was super dry and cracked a ton. I only made a couple of cookies as the dough was too dry to even attempt to re-roll. I made some tiny cookies using cutters for pastry and then 4-5 regular cookies. The dough was kind of cracked, so those larger cookies didn’t turn out so well. They smelled great while baking and the little ones turned out ok, but I don’t think that this is a recipe that I will be trying again!

Recipe from Baking with Julia by Dorie Greenspan, page 324

4 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I agree...not my favorite, but you have a gorgeous photo!

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

I love the way you displayed your cookies!
I agree, this isn't a recipe I am going to try again either.

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

Cute presentation! I too am on the bandwagon of not making these again. Too bad to - they were so easy to make. I did not have issues with the dough. Mine was soft and tacky and quite pleasurable to work with. I did chill my dough overnight.

oneclevermom said...

Great photo!