Friday, December 23, 2016

Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies



I’m running out of time to bake all the Christmas cookies that I want to make this year! Oh well, I’ve made most of the classics that I want to bake. Each year, when I do my planning, I always plan to make something with cranberries, whether dried or fresh. This year I found this recipe with the classic pairing of cranberries and white chocolate chips. It’s hard to go wrong with a classic.

This cookie doesn’t look super fancy, I did find another cranberry/white chocolate cookie that is a lot fancier, but I think that will have to wait until next year! I thought about not even posting these, since they look plain, but they really are so good and so easy to make. With all of the other rich foods that around this time of year, it’s good to have a simple, tasty recipe.

Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2-1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
   
In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium until light. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir on medium to combine. Add the flour, baking soda and salt; stir on low just to combine. Stir in the white chocolate chips and cranberries with a spatula. Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets with a medium cookie scoop. Each cookie should be about 1-1/2” in diameter.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned along the edges. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from Kim’s Cravings

No comments: