Friday, January 18, 2019

Pineapple White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies


Gosh, I must be losing my mind. I planned what cookies I was going to make for today, bought all the ingredients, and then realized that I had already made the cookies. And I made them not that long ago so there’s no excuse! Anyway, this recipe came up in my Instagram feed from my local blogger friend Peabody and I knew it would be a winning combination. I only needed to get the dried pineapple at the store, so I went ahead with this recipe. She just posted these yesterday- I think that’s the fastest making of a recipe I’ve pinned ever!

Peabody talks about Mrs. Fields cookies in the 1980s, and how white chocolate macadamia was such a popular combination. I remember that too! I have Mrs. Fields Cookie Cookbook, but I find the recipes to be a little strange and don’t turn out that well. She has you bake the cookies at 300 degrees, which is… weird. Her recipes also contain SO MUCH butter that even I think it’s too much. That’s saying something. Her bar cookies are meant to be made in a 9-inch square pan, but the recipe have like a pound of butter and 4 cups of flour, which would be generous for a 9” x 13” pan. She has a few cookies that I have adapted to work, but that cookbook has been relegated to basement storage.

This cookie combines white chocolate and macadamias, but also adds dried pineapple, which is the perfect complement. I had some macadamias that my friend had brought me from Hawaii (stored in the refrigerator, they have kept for some time). Mine weren’t salted, so I just added a little extra salt. This makes a big batch of cookies; I made 5 dozen and I even made them larger than I normally do. The oven temperature is a little different, at 360 degrees, which is often what you get when you convert Celsius to Fahrenheit. My oven must have warmed as I baked the batches, as the first couple of trays baked perfectly at 13 minutes, but the last two trays needed just 12 minutes. They have a beautiful buttery, brown sugar crunch. You won’t go wrong with these cookies!

Pineapple White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
3-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/4 cups white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried pineapple, finely chopped
1-1/4 cups salted macadamia nuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter sugar and brown sugar until light, about three minutes. Add the eggs, mixing for one minute after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips, dried pineapple, and macadamias. Do not over mix.

Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, using a medium cookie scoop, creating 1-1/2” mounds.

Bake for 12-13 minutes, until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from Sweet Recipeas

No comments: