Friday, February 1, 2019

Lemon White Chocolate Cookies


I have to say that this week my baking mojo is certainly a little off. It’s probably best that I didn’t bake the January work birthday cake this week! I knew what I wanted to bake for cookies this week. When I was making the recipe, I was thinking that the ratio of ingredients was off. I should have heeded my concern, as I made the cookies and they were terribly flat. Too much butter, too little flour. I should have added a little more flour and it probably would have been fine.

Ok, well, plan B. My husband and I ate some dinner and I regrouped. I picked another recipe, got the needed ingredients and started over. This recipe still didn’t turn out 100% perfect, but I’m happy with how they turned out. These cookies are soft, and as a result, it is a little hard to tell when they are baked correctly. I took the first sheet of cookies out of the oven too early. I was hoping the would set up while they rested on the baking sheets, but that was wishful thinking. Thankfully, this recipe makes a big enough batch that there were plenty of properly baked cookies. The lemon comes through clearly and it perfectly balances the sweetness of the white chocolate.  

Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium until light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one a time, mixing for one minute after each addition. Add the vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix on medium to combine. With the mixer running on low, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the white chocolate chips.

Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, using a medium cookie scoop.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until set. The cookies will not be browned, and may looked under baked, but the tops of the cookies should not look wet.

Recipe from Modern Honey

No comments: