Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies



This week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was picked by Kait of Kait’s Plate. She selected My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies and you can get the complete recipe on Kait’s blog. These are a very traditional chocolate chip cookie. My husband loves chocolate chip cookies, but I don’t make them very often so he was very happy when this recipe was picked. Since he is a traditionalist, I didn’t add any extras to these cookies. I also left out the nuts, since he just wanted chocolate chips.

When I read the Q & A on the Tuesdays with Dorie site, many of the bakers were having trouble with these cookies spreading too much. I had this same problem with a batch of cookies I made last week, and I didn’t want a repeat of that. I took the advice of some of the other bakers and cut back on the amount of butter and added a touch more flour. It seemed to work fine; my cookies didn’t spread too much and they look great.

I’m a bit under the weather, so I’m not the best person to tell you how they taste, since I can’t really taste anything right now! They have a great texture, nice and chewy, just the way I like them. I’m really glad that I changed the recipe; I didn’t notice that much difference in the texture, they seem just right. I don’t know if these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made, but they sure turned out well!

Recipe from Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan, page 68

4 comments:

Hindy said...

Your cookies look delicious. Well done!

Flourchild said...

Feel better soon..the cookies look so good! Im sure they tasted great!

Mary said...

They look great! I read the P&Q too, but didn't make any changes, silly me. I'll make a note to add more flour next time.

Cindy said...

I like your changes. They look yummy. Hope you are feeling better soon.