Friday, August 4, 2023

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

A variation on chocolate chip cookies: cookies with dark chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips, photographed on a wire cooling rack

As I have mentioned previously, my husband often complains that I don’t make him chocolate chip cookies nearly enough. He does understand that when I bake I post to my blog, and while there are chocolate chip cookie variations, there aren’t a million of them. My husband had been working and having trouble with a vendor, so I decided I would find something similar to a chocolate chip cookie to bake. I figured it would be a nice surprise.

I found these cookies, with dark chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips, and I hadn’t made this combination before. I had dark chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips on hand, but I think these cookies would be equally interesting using two different types of chips that you have on hand. I could come up with many variations, but don’t feel compelled to go to the store for specific chips to use.

The original recipe, which was double what I had here, made about 18 cookies. Those cookies must have been huge! I made a half recipe, still mage big cookies, and I made 22 cookies. I can’t imagine having cookies twice as large, as the ones I made were large enough. The original blog said to bake the cookies 9 minutes, but mine weren’t anywhere close to done after that short time, so I ended up adding minutes until the cookies baked about 14 minutes. This will vary depending on your oven and the size of the cookies. These taste like a traditional chocolate chip cookie, but the peanut butter flavor comes through here and there, making a lovely cookie.

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1 cup peanut butter chips

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds, until the butter is nearly melted. Transfer the butter to a large mixer bowl and add the sugar and brown sugar. Mix on medium until light. Add the egg and vanilla and stir on medium to combine. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the dark chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips with a spatula.

Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, using about 2-1/2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. As these cookies are larger, 6 cookies per baking sheet works well.

Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the cookies begin to brown along the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Recipe from A Sparkle of Genius

1 comment:

Neel Shah said...

I appreciate you sharing this helpful information. It has been very beneficial.

If anyone is looking for the best cookies in India, then Sweetish House Mafia is one of the best cookie bakery to order cookies online in India.