Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cookie Butter Bundt Cake



My father in law paid us a visit last spring to help celebrate our anniversary. When he came he bought a cake for us in his cake carrier. He left the cake carrier with us and when we returned it I wanted to make sure that we returned it with a cake. We hadn’t had the chance to get together until just recently, but I have been looking at different cakes to make ever since then. I wanted to make a Bundt cake as I thought that fit the carrier best; plus I love Bundt cakes and there are so many out there that I want to try!

I ended up making this Bundt cake, flavored with Biscoff Spread or Trader’s Joe’s version which they just call Cookie Butter Spread. I have made a number of things with Biscoff Spread and I love it. This was my first time trying Trader Joe’s version, and it is just as good. I think the version from Trader Joe’s is a little cheaper, but I’d have to check that to be sure. You also add some Cookie Butter Spread to the ganache topping, which is good eaten straight from the bowl. (And you will have extra, as this makes more ganache than you need.)

This cake comes together quickly, which I think is one of the best qualities of a Bundt cake. Since I was giving this away, I didn’t get to cut it and try it, but I heard from my father in law that it was great. And with the Cookie Butter Spread as flavoring, how could it be bad? I do know that the ganache was tasty and the spice cookie flavor goes so nicely with chocolate.

Cookie Butter Bundt Cake
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2½ cups sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread
4 eggs
½ cup milk

6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
¼ cup Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread
¾ cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour Bundt pan.

In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large mixer bowl, cream together the sugar, butter, and cookie butter. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition. Stir in the milk.

Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix until all of the flour is incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan.

Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.

Make the ganache: place the chopped chocolate and Cookie butter in a medium bowl. Heat the heavy cream to almost boiling. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate/Cookie Butter and allow to set for 5 minutes. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Drizzle the ganache over the cooled cake.

Recipe from A Beautiful Bite

1 comment:

Eva said...

This sounds fantastic. I have an unopened jar of TJ's cookie spread, and I might have to use it for this!