Friday, December 31, 2021

Highlights from 2021

At the end of the year, it’s fun to look back and see what I have made during the previous year. When you have been blogging as long as I have, the recipes sometimes meld into each other. I have chosen five of my favorites from the past year.

While I hope that next year will be better, I also know that I don’t have control over that many things. We’re both happy and working, and hopefully that will continue! It has been nice working with students in person the past few months, and I look forward to more.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Looking back, I have made my fair share of peanut butter and jelly cookies and bars. You can’t go wrong with such a classic flavor combination. This recipe only makes a small amount, but they can’t be beat!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

Orange Creamsicle Cookies
I’ve come across other orange creamsicle cookies, but the flavor isn’t always great. When I made these, I was astounded by the fantastic flavors. The combination of orange zest and white chocolate chips made these a big winner.

Orange Creamsicle Cookies


Pineapple Coconut Tassies
Tassies are probably my favorite form of cookie. These are filled with a summery combination of pineapple and coconut. I left out the nuts, but they would work just as well with them. They crumble a little, but I can live with that.

Pineapple Coconut Tassies

Hermit Bars
Hermit cookies have been around forever, and this bar version turned out so well! I made mine dairy free by using vegan butter, which was very easy. Raisins, spices, and molasses make for a winning cookie.

Hermit Bars

Mince Pie Bakewell Squares
I love Bakewell Squares and I love mincemeat, so it should be no surprise that putting them together would be a hit. Honestly, these were so good that I was sad when the last one was eaten. I think these will likely become a holiday classic in our household.

Mince Pie Bakewell Squares

No comments: