Sunday, December 25, 2022

Gingerbread House Bark

Christmas bark made with gingerbread-flavored chocolate and topped with a gingerbread man, red hots, holiday corn, and peppermint pillows

Merry Christmas! Christmas Cookie #12. I hope that you and those you love are able to spend some peaceful time together. Our Christmas will be fairly quiet, but that’s ok. Our weather has been so terrible that we’ve been house-bound for too many days. We have some smaller celebrations planned, but honestly it will be nice to simply get out of the house.

This is a recipe that you can change in any way that works for you. The base is made with gingerbread chocolate, and that is an important element. I use Theo Chocolate, as that is local to me, but I think that there are many varieties out there. You could use non-flavored chocolate, and I’m sure that would also be tasty.

The toppings are what you like; I tried to stick to the original as much as possible. The gingerbread people are critical! The other bits were surprisingly difficult to find. I used holiday corn, red hots, and some small peppermint pillows. I didn’t add any icing, but it looked just fine to me! I really enjoyed making this bark; it was easy to put together and is great for the holidays.

Gingerbread House Bark

16 ounces gingerbread spiced chocolate
7-10 gingerbread men
20 red hots
10 hard candies
20 holiday/reindeer candy corn
Royal/white icing

Line a baking pan with parchment paper.

Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a medium microwaveable bowl. Melt the chocolate, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking pan and smooth with a spatula.

While the chocolate is hot, top with random gingerbread men, then the red hots, hard candies, and holiday candy corn. Pipe icing around the additions to the gingerbread bark.

Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set. Break into pieces to serve.

Recipe from Sweet Recipeas

No comments: