Friday, February 24, 2023

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

A flourless peanut butter cookie, rolled in chopped peanuts

I have to admit that I made cookies this week a lot later than planned. I had a couple of different recipes in mind, but I couldn’t seem to decide which recipe to choose. All of a sudden, it was the last minute and I needed to get in gear. I again couldn’t decide, but I knew that I needed to make something that I had all of the ingredients on hand. I had my husband look at the recipes I had pinned, and he chose these cookies.

I had planned to make these cookies for a different occasion, as they don’t contain flour and I make gluten free cookies from time to time. I had recently brought home some salted peanuts from an abundance at work. I didn’t feel too bad as I figured they would likely return to work in a cookie form. In the end that didn’t happen, as I made these so late in the week, but more gluten free cookies are to come.

This is a very simple recipe, with just a handful of ingredients. I chose to use a combination of sugar and brown sugar, but you can use any blend that you’d like to make 1 cup. The dough is very soft and I refrigerated mine for a while, but it didn’t change the texture at all. Rolling the cookies in peanuts gives the cookies a nice crunch, and the peanut butter flavor is very pronounced.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
Additional chopped salted peanuts

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

In a large mixer bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and egg. Mix on medium until combined. Add the ½ cup chopped peanuts and stir to incorporate into the dough.
Shape the dough into 1-1/2” balls. Roll the balls in additional chopped peanuts and place on the prepared baking sheets. The cookies may spread; leave plenty of space between the cookies.

Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cookies are set and the edges begin to brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from The Big Man’s World

No comments: