Friday, February 17, 2023

Kit Kat Cookies

A row of Kit Kat Cookies: chocolate chip cookies with added Kit Kat bars. Photographed on an oblong burgundy plate

I recently participated in our school’s open house for prospective students and it was really fun to interact with future students and families. I did get a bit of a chuckle that there were some reluctant future students there, but they came and that’s what is important! Before the event I wanted to get some candy to have at the table. My husband calls these bribes and perhaps they are, but most tables offered bribes to the attendees.

I didn’t think we would go through all of the candy, and I came home with a selection of candies that included Kit Kats. I love these and probably would have just eaten them had I not set some aside as I knew I could bake with them. I went to Pinterest and I had already found two Kit Kat recipes, so I measured what I had and made the cookies that called for that amount.

These cookies are basically chocolate chip cookies with some Kit Kats added in. The only difference in the preparation for these cookies is that you shape them and then chill them. I suppose they would turn out without chilling, but it was easier for me. When my husband got home (and I was still in a meeting), he was SO excited that I had finally made chocolate chip cookies. He did think they had an extra crunch, but he was so happy. If you love Kit Kats, and love chocolate chip cookies, these are the ones for you!

Kit Kat Cookies

½ cup butter, room temperature
⅓ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups chopped Kit Kats
½ cup chocolate chips

In a large mixer bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix on medium until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on medium to incorporate. With the mixer running on low, add the flour, baking soda, and salt, until almost incorporated. Fold in the chopped Kit Kats and chocolate chips with a spatula.

Using a medium cookie scoop, shape the dough into balls about 1-1/2”in diameter. Place on a large plate or similar surface and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and place on the prepared baking sheets. I usually bake 9-12 cookies at a time, so that there is room to spread.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from Crazy for Crust

No comments: