Friday, April 5, 2024

Cinnamon Sugar Blondies

A cinnamon sugar blondie, topped with cinnamon icing. Photographed on a white plate with leaves.

I was planning what cookies to bake, something that would make a decent-sized batch that I could take and share with others. I had my recipe all planned and there was only one ingredient that I needed to get. I thought that was great but then did that final check on my blog and I had made those cookies previously. Once I made a recipe I typically move that recipe to a different Pinterest board, but I guess I hadn’t done that. I’ve been blogging for a long time so I suppose that is bound to happen.

I adjusted and decided to make these cinnamon sugar blondies instead. While I have made similar recipes, this one was new to me. Anything with cinnamon sugar or anything snickerdoodle-like is well received, so I figured these would be a good choice. I had everything on hand, so great! I usually have cinnamon sugar on hand, if you want to make your own I use 3-parts sugar to 1-part cinnamon. You can adjust your ratio depending on your taste.

These bars are simple, just using brown sugar, and then the cinnamon sugar goes on top of the dough before baking. Depending on how dark your cinnamon sugar is, it may be difficult to tell when the bars are done. Mine didn’t quite seem done after 25 minutes, but perhaps the few extra minutes was too much. The glaze is nice, and it does spread but I liked that. It didn’t fully cover the bars, but it was close! These bars are simple bit very tasty. I am used to the flavor of a snickerdoodle, which is slightly different, but they are very yummy.

Cinnamon Sugar Blondies  
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar

1 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2-4 tablespoon milk

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9” x 13” pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir to combine. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Top the dough with cinnamon sugar.

Bake for 25-28 minutes, until the bars begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Allow the bars to cool for 30 minutes before adding the glaze.

Make the glaze: in a small bowl whisk the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and whisk until the glaze comes together. If needed, add additional milk to make the glaze more spreadable. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bars in a crisscross pattern. Allow the glaze to set before cutting into bars.

Recipe from This Delicious House

No comments: