Friday, January 27, 2023

Cinnamon White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

A cinnamon white chocolate oat cookie resting against a stack of the same cookies, photographed on a natural woven mat with red thread

It can be hard to pick the right cookies to make each week, and that is especially true in January. While I don’t really know anyone on a health kick, which seem futile, people aren’t all that interested in lots of sweets. While I plan to make cookies so I can take them to work, once again this week got away from me and I ended up making them later in the week than planned. I do love the days I can work from home, but there are challenges!

There are times when I am happy to take on a more challenging cookie, with multiple steps, but that was not what I was looking for this week. My selection process involved me picking a couple of recipes and making something that needed no extra ingredients. Yes, I could have gone to the store to get a lemon or something, but that wasn’t in the cards.

These cookies are similar to other oatmeal cookies I have made. At some level, how much can you change up cookies? I guess you can a lot as I have been posting on this blog for so long! Cinnamon, oats, and white chocolate seemed like a good combination and it certainly was. They are so buttery and just melt in your mouth. I did like them straight out of the oven, but they are also tasty after they’ve cooled.

Cinnamon White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
12 ounces white chocolate chips

In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium until fully combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again to combine. Stir in the oatmeal and stir on low to begin to incorporate. Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour and with the mixer on low, stir to combine. Fold in the white chocolate chips.

Shape the dough into 1-1/2” balls and place on a cookie sheet or large plate. Refrigerate the formed cookies for at least 30 minutes.

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

Place 12 cookies on each baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly brown. They may look slightly wet and under cooked, but they will firm up at they cool. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe from Great Taste Buds

No comments: