Friday, January 1, 2021

Blog Highlights of 2020

I hope that everyone had an excellent holiday season and look forward to new things in the new year. I have to admit that 2020 has been a difficult year, but I am thankful that my husband and I are together, and we are working. The cats seem to be pretty happy that I’m home all of the time, so all is good.

As most folks still have too many sweets around, for this post I decided to look back at my posts for 2020 and bring you a selection of my favorites.

Lemon Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies
While I posted this as a Christmas cookie, it’s the perfect combination of lemon and ginger and would be perfect for any occasion.

Lemon Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies


Maple Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
An oatmeal raisin cookie doesn’t have to be plain. This version, with dried cranberries and maple frosting, make these so very interesting. 

Maple Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

Cherry and Pecan Oaties
These British cookies, a take on a refrigerator cookie, don’t seem at all like a slice and bake cookie. I made some substitutions, but adding cherries fit perfectly with the cinnamon and pecans.

Cherry and Pecan Oaties

Candied Lemon Biscuits
Being home has challenged me to use ingredients that I have on hand. This recipe started as Cherry Bakewell Biscuits, but I had candied lemon peel and it was perfect.

Candied Lemon Biscuits


Crispy Cookies with Chocolate and Butterscotch

A mix between a chocolate chip cookie and a ranger cookie, this cookie fits the bill when you are looking for something that pleases everyone.

Crispy Cookies with Chocolate and Butterscotch


Mocha Chip Bars

This recipe from Peabody of Sweet Recipeas, is unusual in its use of sweetened chocolate mix. This is a very different approach but makes for a wonderful bar cookie.

Mocha Chip Bars




No comments: